My Photo
Name:
Location: Tallahassee, Florida, United States

Chickcomics.com welcomes all opinions from any religion or viewpoint in the common appreciation of Chick tracts. This blog, however, will highlight religious events and controversies that would be of special interest to regular Chick readers. You don't have to agree with them or each other, but if you read Chick tracts or Battlecry, you might expect these type stories to be addressed. (Sorry, no personal attacks allowed.) All main postings are from ChickComics.com writers and any responses are from the public

Monday, February 13, 2012

Mothers Boycott J.C. Penny For Pro-Gay Spokesperson

Though she claims not to pay attention to her haters, Ellen DeGeneres nonetheless has addressed a pro-family organization's plea to have her replaced as the new spokesperson for JC Penney.

On an episode of her show today, DeGeneres speaks at length about the online boycott launched by OneMillionMoms.com, a division of the American Family Association, who have pressed the retail chain to replace the talk show host because she is an outspoken lesbian.

"They wanted to get me fired, and I'm proud and happy to say that JCPenney stuck by their decision to make me their spokesperson," she says. "Which is great news for me because I also need some new crew socks."

Reading through several comments written in her defense on the group's Facebook page, she goes on to note, "I usually don't talk about stuff like this on my show, but I really want to thank everyone who is supporting me."

JC Penney's CEO, former Apple executive Ron Johnson, explained why the company chose DeGeneres as part of a multifaceted company makeover in an earlier interview with the Associated Press. "I think Ellen is someone we all trust." he said. It is usually considered a dangerous business decision to use controversial people as spokespersons for your company. They usually alienate more customers than they attract. OneMillionMoms.com will continue its boycott and that can't help the struggling company. See Chick's SIN CITY.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home