My Photo
Name:
Location: Tallahassee, Florida, United States

Chickcomics.com welcomes all opinions from any religion or viewpoint in the common appreciation of Chick tracts. This blog, however, will highlight religious events and controversies that would be of special interest to regular Chick readers. You don't have to agree with them or each other, but if you read Chick tracts or Battlecry, you might expect these type stories to be addressed. (Sorry, no personal attacks allowed.) All main postings are from ChickComics.com writers and any responses are from the public

Monday, February 22, 2010

Woods Claims Buddah For Sex Help

Tiger Woods received both acclaim and criticism for his choreographed statement of remorse Friday, with the critiques centering on his refusal to allow any questions from the media.

But one thing that the world's top golfer certainly cleared up was the question of his religious faith -- and whether he would be taking the controversial advice of Fox News' Brit Hume and converting to Christianity in order to become a better person.

"I recognize I have brought this on myself, and I know, above all, I am the one who needs to change," Woods told the carefully screened audience of friends, family and reporters at his Florida announcement Friday morning. "I owe it to my family to become a better person. I owe it to those closest to me to become a better man. That's where my focus will be. I have a lot of work to do, and I intend to dedicate myself to doing it," he said.

He added:
"Part of following this path for me is Buddhism, which my mother taught me at a young age. People probably don't realize it, but I was raised a Buddhist, and I actively practiced my faith from childhood until I drifted away from it in recent years. Buddhism teaches that a craving for things outside ourselves causes an unhappy and pointless search for security. It teaches me to stop following every impulse and to learn restraint. Obviously, I lost track of what I was taught."

See Chick's THE TYCOON.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home