My Photo
Name:
Location: Tallahassee, Florida, United States

Chickcomics.com welcomes all opinions from any religion or viewpoint in the common appreciation of Chick tracts. This blog, however, will highlight religious events and controversies that would be of special interest to regular Chick readers. You don't have to agree with them or each other, but if you read Chick tracts or Battlecry, you might expect these type stories to be addressed. (Sorry, no personal attacks allowed.) All main postings are from ChickComics.com writers and any responses are from the public

Tuesday, April 21, 2009

Miss California rejects gay marriage; loses Miss America pageant

Miss California lost her chance at becoming Miss America after she answered a question about gay marriage on Sunday night's Miss USA telecast.

"Vermont recently became the fourth state to legalize same-sex marriage," Perez Hilton, a Miss USA judge, said. "Do you think every state should follow suit, why or why not." (See video of the event)

"We live in a land that you can choose same-sex marriage or opposite marriage. And you know what, in my country, in my family I think that I believe that a marriage should be between a man and a woman. No offense to anybody there, but that's how I was raised and that's how I think it should be, between a man and a woman."

In her interview, Prejean talks about being "tested" by God and she believes that she lost the contest because of her non-P.C. answer. Hilton also said what he would have done if Miss California had been crowned the winner.

"I would have gone up on stage -- I s--- you not – and snatched that tiara off her head and run out the door," he said in his video blog. "I would probably have been arrested. But so be it. I need a cocktail now."

Keith Lewis, who runs the Miss California competition, released a statement to the media in response to Prejean's answer last night.

"As co-director of the Miss California USA, I am personally saddened and hurt that Miss California believes marriage rights belong only to a man and a woman," said Lewis in a statement. "I believe all religions should be able to ordain what unions they see fit. I do not believe our government should be able to discriminate against anyone and religious beliefs have no politics in the Miss California family." Perez Hilton, who is openly gay, later went on a video rant on his blog calling Ms. Prejean a "b**ch." See Chick's "The Gay Blade"

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home